You may not need a pit crew to keep your car performing at optimal levels, but don’t put it off or you will inevitably pay the price for doing so. Ignore preventative maintenance can mean putting your safety at risk not to mention opening yourself up for large repair bills you could have avoided. When you invest in preventive maintenance, your car performs better and you increase its lifespan. Even if you don’t do much, make sure to do these five maintenance items and you will reap the benefits:
- Rotate your tires. Every time you change your oil is a good rule of thumb. If you don’t, it will lead to uneven tire wear and the need for new tires sooner than later.
- Have your brakes inspected regularly. This is a huge safety item, yet it’s one that often goes ignored. If you stay on top of this preventive maintenance item, you reduce your risk of a complete braking failure, but you’ll also reduce the risk of a huge preventable auto repair bill because you caused damage to other critical brake system components.
- Your transmission is a complicated aspect of your engine. You don’t often require a transmission fluid flush, but when it’s time for one, you’re helping keep your engine and all of its components clean and properly working.
- Changing your oil should be done on a regular basis and not always in accordance with your owner’s manual. Sometimes you’ll even want to change sooner than the recommended mileage to help protect your vehicle’s engine.
- Fuel filters are often neglected, but they play a critical role in keeping your engine running well too. Ignore it and you may find yourself stranded on the side of the road.
When you want to partner with a knowledgeable and caring auto repair facility, turn to the pros at American Five Star Auto Repair & Transmission for your auto and safety needs. Not only do we understand the nuances of preventive maintenance, we love to partner with our customers to not only help you stay safe, but to get the most out of your car for as long as possible Make an appointment online today! American Five Star Auto Repair & Transmission is conveniently located at 2070 E. Apache Road, Suite 101, Tempe, AZ 85281. We look forward to seeing you soon!